Every church has at least one family without a pastor… the pastor and family. When the pastor needs a pastor, where do they go?
Dr. John W. Smith served for twenty three years as the pastor of New Life Community Church in Sayville, Long Island, NY. For the first eight years he served as Associate Pastor, followed by fifteen years as Senior Pastor. His faith journey includes wonderful favor, incredible blessings, spiritual and emotional growth, deep wounding, inner healing, forgiveness, restoration, and transformation. In 2002 God called Dr. Smith to leave New Life Community Church and go to a new thing He would show him. A few weeks later, God gave him a new calling and vision to become a pastor to pastors and their families. For over a decade now, he have been living out his calling and passion to come alongside pastors, spouses, ministry leaders and families as a confidential coach and encourager.
Dr. Smith uses the term “Confidential Coaching,” to describe the service he provides to pastors and their families. God has wired him in a unique way. He enjoys initiating contact with pastors and making “house calls.” He lets the pastor choose a meeting place where they feel safe and comfortable. When possible, he even travels some distance to meet with the pastor and family on their turf. Another unique feature is that he becomes friends with the pastors and families he coaches, and he develops long lasting relationships with them.
PastorCare West Michigan is Unique…
- When pastors need a pastor… Pastor John understands because he has walked in their shoes
- When pastors struggle to trust others… Pastor John earns their trust and respect
- When pastors are reluctant to seek help… Pastor John initiates contact and follow-up
- When pastors fear vulnerability… Pastor John provides safe and confidential listening without passing judgment
- When pastors face personal struggles… Pastor John expresses empathy and compassion
- When pastors feel guilt and shame… Pastor John offers grace without condemnation
- When pastors feel lonely and isolated… Pastor John steps in beside them
- When pastors need counseling… Pastor John provides networking and referrals
- When pastors want to soar… Pastor John finds great joy in helping and encouraging them